Saturday 11 February 2012

colin


I have always said id love to start a blog and instead of talking about it ,i decide to do it. Iv got a lot of inspiration from different people, none more so then my brother.Myself and my brother are in a strange position ,he lives in New York and i live in Dublin.We see each other as much as we can but not as much as we would like to.Growing up with Colin was a nightmare,he was 4 years older then me ,had different freinds and pretended he was a spy.I on the other hand  followed him everywhere and was a little bastard!We got on as kids sometimes but only because we had to, like most other siblings.Things improved when we went to secondary school but there was still a few years between us so i never spent much time with him.Eventually Colin left to travel Australia,this was where i think our relationship drastically improved.I got the odd phonecall from him and i was always genuinely interested in the stories he had every time he called.From Australia he travelled to America and this short trip turned into his final journey.He got a job,met a lovely girl and is now engaged.I think being apart so long ,in a weird way, is why we are so close now.

I admire him alot at how hes made a life for himself in the country i love,Iv always had a fascination with America and it seems now we have more in common then we had thought.I speak to him more now then i ever have and trust him like family should.To say Colin has a good sense of humour is quite an understatement,he has spent the last few years doing the comedy circuit around new york and i learned the hard way not to get into a slagging match him,infact i learned not to get into anything with him! If i send him a christmas card im gay,if i buy him a christmas present he makes a video and posts it on facebook thanking me through means of sarcastic melody.Im not the most computer fluent so when i am ill back this all up with proof.I suppose i should have seen it coming,anyone who breaks there nose running into a 40mph speed sign really needs a sense of humour !!! check his blog out colindempsey.com !!

7 comments:

  1. You blog should be all about me, every post. My nose still hurts on a cold day by the way. I like the whole doing what you talk about, a lot of people don't. Good luck fart face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro im just getting into this so iv a good few years to get as good as you yet !time will tell,i wont be retarded for long.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll always be retarded to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as i said you have inspired me so much !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere!!!

    And NO blog should be about Colin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goshko i had an ulterior motive , im sorry i can change !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice first blog and you couldn't have picked a better person to write about! impressive! :) x

    ReplyDelete